Welcome to my blog, Traveling in the United States and its territories! In this article, I will guide you on how to get to Kennewick, Washington. Known for its picturesque landscapes, vibrant downtown, and rich cultural heritage, Kennewick is a hidden gem in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you’re arriving by air, land, or even water, I’ve got you covered with the best routes and transportation options to experience all that this charming city has to offer. Let’s embark on this adventure together!
Getting to Kennewick – Washington
Kennewick, located in southeastern Washington, is a great destination for those looking to explore the diverse landscapes and attractions of the Pacific Northwest. Whether you’re traveling by air, car, or public transportation, here’s all the information you need to know to get to Kennewick.
Flying to Kennewick
If you’re arriving by air, the nearest major airport to Kennewick is the Tri-Cities Airport (PSC), which is approximately 8 miles northwest of downtown Kennewick. Several major airlines offer flights to and from Tri-Cities Airport, connecting Kennewick to destinations across the United States. Upon arrival, you can rent a car or take a taxi to reach your final destination in Kennewick.
Driving to Kennewick
If you prefer to drive, Kennewick is conveniently located near major highways, making it easily accessible by car. If you’re coming from the west, you can take Interstate 82, while if you’re coming from the east, Interstate 84 will lead you to Kennewick. The city is also well-connected to other nearby cities, such as Seattle and Spokane.
Public Transportation to Kennewick
If you’re looking for public transportation options, Kennewick is served by Ben Franklin Transit, which provides bus services within the city and connects it to neighboring towns in the Tri-Cities area. This can be a convenient option if you prefer not to drive or if you want to explore the region using public transportation.
Once you arrive in Kennewick, there are several transportation options available to help you explore the city and its surroundings. Car rentals are readily available at the airport and throughout the city, allowing you to have the flexibility to visit attractions at your own pace. Additionally, Kennewick is cyclist-friendly, with bike lanes and trails that make it easy to get around on two wheels. Walking is also a great way to explore downtown Kennewick, as many of its attractions, shops, and restaurants are within walking distance of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the best transportation options to get to Kennewick, Washington?
Kennewick, Washington offers various transportation options for travelers to access and explore the area. Here are some of the best ways to get to Kennewick:
1. By Plane: The nearest major airport to Kennewick is the Tri-Cities Airport (PSC), located in Pasco, Washington. It is approximately a 15-minute drive from Kennewick. Several airlines offer flights to and from the Tri-Cities Airport, connecting it to major cities across the United States.
2. By Car: Kennewick is conveniently located near major highways, making it easily accessible by car. Interstate 82 runs through the city, providing a direct route to other nearby cities like Richland and Pasco. Renting a car is a popular option for travelers who want flexibility and convenience during their stay.
3. By Bus: Greyhound offers bus services to Kennewick, making it an affordable transportation option for travelers. The Greyhound bus station is located in downtown Kennewick, providing easy access to the city’s attractions and accommodations.
4. By Train: While there are no direct train services to Kennewick, travelers can take an Amtrak train to the nearby Pasco Intermodal Station. From there, they can either rent a car or take a taxi to reach Kennewick, which is just a short drive away.
5. By Shuttle Service: Some hotels in Kennewick provide shuttle services for their guests, particularly from the Tri-Cities Airport. If you have accommodation booked, check with your hotel to see if they offer this convenient transportation option.
Getting around Kennewick: Once you’re in Kennewick, there are several transportation options to help you get around the city. Renting a car is the most convenient way to explore the area, as it allows you to navigate at your own pace. Taxis and rideshare services are also available for shorter distances or when you prefer not to drive. Additionally, Kennewick has a public transportation system called Ben Franklin Transit, which operates buses throughout the city.
Overall, Kennewick offers various transportation options to cater to different travel preferences and needs. Whether you choose to fly in, drive, or take public transportation, getting to Kennewick is relatively straightforward.
How far is Kennewick from major airports in the United States?
Kennewick is located in the state of Washington, so the major airports closest to Kennewick are Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) and Portland International Airport (PDX).
Kennewick is approximately 213 miles from SEA and it takes about 3.5 hours by car, depending on traffic conditions.
On the other hand, PDX is around 220 miles away from Kennewick and the driving time is also approximately 3.5 hours.
Both airports offer a wide range of domestic and international flights. Travelers can find various transportation options from these airports to Kennewick, including rental cars, shuttles, and taxi services.
Are there any direct flights to Kennewick, Washington?
Are there any direct flights to Kennewick, Washington?
Yes, there are direct flights available to Kennewick, Washington. The city is served by the Tri-Cities Airport (PSC), which offers flights from major airlines such as Delta Air Lines and Alaska Airlines. These airlines provide direct flights to Kennewick from various cities across the United States, including Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Minneapolis. So, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, you can easily find a direct flight to Kennewick, Washington.
What is the closest train station to Kennewick?
The closest train station to Kennewick is the Pasco Intermodal Train Station.
What are some scenic driving routes to Kennewick, Washington?
Kennewick, Washington is surrounded by stunning landscapes and offers several scenic driving routes for visitors to explore. Here are some notable options:
1. Columbia River Scenic Byway: This scenic route follows the Columbia River, offering breathtaking views of the water and nearby mountains. The route starts in Vancouver, Washington, and winds its way eastward towards Kennewick, passing through picturesque towns and vineyards along the way.
2. Lewis and Clark Trail Highway: Following the path of the famous explorers, this route provides a historical and scenic journey. Starting in Astoria, Oregon, it crosses into Washington and passes through Kennewick, showcasing diverse landscapes, including lush forests and rolling hills.
3. Palouse Scenic Byway: While not directly leading to Kennewick, this iconic route is worth considering for those who appreciate scenic drives. Starting in Colfax, Washington, it meanders through the picturesque Palouse region, known for its rolling wheat fields and charming small towns.
4. North Cascades Scenic Byway: For those coming from the west, this route offers spectacular mountain scenery as it winds through the North Cascades National Park. Starting near Seattle, Washington, it takes you through sweeping vistas, alpine lakes, and majestic peaks before connecting with other roads leading to Kennewick.
5. Olympic Peninsula Loop: This coastal drive takes you around the stunning Olympic Peninsula, starting in Olympia, Washington. Along the way, you’ll encounter pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Though it requires a longer journey, the loop can be a memorable addition to a road trip to Kennewick.
Remember to check current road conditions and plan accordingly. These routes offer diverse experiences, showcasing the natural beauty of Washington State on your way to Kennewick.
In conclusion, Kennewick, Washington is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered in the heart of the United States. Whether you choose to arrive by plane, car, or bus, getting to Kennewick is a seamless and convenient experience. The city’s central location makes it easily accessible from all corners of the country, allowing travelers to embark on their Kennewick adventure with ease.
By air, the Tri-Cities Airport serves as the gateway to the region, offering numerous daily flights from various major cities. With its modern facilities and convenient amenities, flying into Kennewick is a popular choice for those seeking a quick and hassle-free journey.
For those who prefer the freedom and flexibility of driving, Kennewick can be easily reached by car via the well-connected Interstate 82. The scenic drive through the rolling hills and vast landscapes of the Pacific Northwest adds an extra touch of adventure to your trip, making it a memorable journey in itself.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for an affordable and eco-friendly option, traveling to Kennewick by bus is a great choice. Several bus companies provide regular services to and from the city, ensuring convenient access for budget-conscious travelers.
No matter which mode of transportation you choose, Kennewick awaits with its diverse attractions and captivating beauty. From exploring the remarkable history at the Hanford Site to indulging in outdoor adventures in the surrounding natural areas, this Washington city offers something for every traveler.
So, pack your bags, plan your route, and embark on an unforgettable journey to Kennewick, Washington. Discover the unique charm of this captivating destination and create memories that will last a lifetime.