Welcome to my blog, Traveling in the United States and its Territories! In this article, we will explore the beautiful city of Lakewood in Colorado. Situated just west of Denver, Lakewood offers a perfect blend of stunning natural landscapes and vibrant urban attractions. Whether you’re a nature lover, an outdoor adventurer, or a history enthusiast, Lakewood has something for everyone. Let’s dive into this comprehensive guide on How to get to Lakewood – Colorado and uncover all the best ways to reach this captivating destination.
Getting to Lakewood – Colorado
To get to Lakewood, Colorado, there are several transportation options available depending on your starting point and preferences.
By Air: The nearest major airport to Lakewood is Denver International Airport (DEN), located approximately 30 miles northeast of the city. From the airport, you can rent a car, take a taxi or ride-sharing service, or use public transportation to reach Lakewood.
By Car: Lakewood is easily accessible by car as it is situated near major highways such as Interstate 70 and Interstate 25. If you are driving from nearby cities or states, simply follow the directions provided by your GPS or use a reliable map.
By Bus: Several bus companies operate routes to Lakewood, Colorado. Greyhound, for example, offers services from various cities across the United States. Check their website or other bus transportation providers for schedules and fares.
By Train: Although there is no direct train service to Lakewood, you can take an Amtrak train to Denver Union Station, which is about 9 miles east of Lakewood. From there, you can connect to Lakewood using public transportation or a taxi.
By Public Transportation: Lakewood is served by Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses and light rail lines. The RTD system provides convenient transportation options within the city and connections to neighboring areas. Check their website or app for schedules, fares, and routes.
Regardless of the mode of transportation you choose, planning your journey in advance and considering factors such as distance, cost, and convenience will help ensure a smooth trip to Lakewood, Colorado.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the transportation options for getting to Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado is conveniently located near Denver, making it easily accessible by various transportation options. Here are some of the ways you can get to Lakewood:
1. Flying: The nearest major airport to Lakewood is Denver International Airport (DEN). It is located about 30 miles northeast of Lakewood. From the airport, you can take a taxi, rent a car, or use public transportation to reach your destination in Lakewood.
2. Driving: If you prefer to drive, Lakewood is easily accessible via Interstate 70 and Interstate 25. These highways connect Lakewood to major cities in Colorado and neighboring states. Make sure to check for traffic updates before your journey.
3. Public Transportation: Lakewood has an efficient public transportation system, operated by the Regional Transportation District (RTD). RTD buses and light rail services connect Lakewood to other cities in the Denver metropolitan area. This is a convenient option if you prefer not to drive or rent a car.
4. Train: Amtrak provides train services to Denver’s Union Station, which is located about 9 miles east of Lakewood. From Union Station, you can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or connect to RTD public transportation to reach Lakewood.
5. Cycling: Lakewood is a bike-friendly city with numerous bike lanes and trails. If you enjoy cycling, you can consider biking to Lakewood from nearby areas or renting a bike once you arrive.
6. Ridesharing: Services like Uber and Lyft operate in the Denver metropolitan area, including Lakewood. If you prefer the convenience of door-to-door transportation, you can easily book a ride through these apps.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Lakewood offers easy access to several attractions in Colorado, such as the Rocky Mountains, Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, and downtown Denver.
Is there a direct flight to Lakewood, Colorado?
Is there a direct flight to Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado does not have its own airport. However, the closest major airport is Denver International Airport (DEN), located approximately 30 miles east of Lakewood. There are plenty of direct flights available to Denver from various cities across the United States.
Once you arrive at Denver International Airport, you can easily reach Lakewood by renting a car, taking a taxi, or using ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft. The drive from the airport to Lakewood typically takes around 45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
So, while there may not be a direct flight specifically to Lakewood, you can easily access the city by flying into Denver International Airport and then traveling to Lakewood from there.
How far is Lakewood from Denver International Airport and how do I get there?
Lakewood is located approximately 35 miles southwest of Denver International Airport. To get to Lakewood from the airport, there are a few transportation options available.
1. Car Rental: The most convenient way to travel from the airport to Lakewood is by renting a car. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, and you can easily find their counters in the main terminal. Once you have your rental car, you can take I-70 West until you reach the exit for W 6th Avenue. From there, you can follow the signs to Lakewood.
2. Shuttle Service: Another option is to use a shuttle service. Various companies offer shared-ride and private shuttles that can take you from the airport to your destination in Lakewood. You can book these services in advance or find them at the Ground Transportation area of the airport.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at Denver International Airport. You can simply request a ride through the app, and a driver will pick you up at the designated ride-share pickup area outside the terminal.
4. Public Transportation: If you prefer to use public transportation, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides bus service from the airport to Lakewood. You can take the A Line commuter train from the airport to Union Station in downtown Denver and transfer to a bus that goes to Lakewood.
Overall, the most convenient option for getting to Lakewood from Denver International Airport is by renting a car or using a shuttle service. However, if you prefer public transportation or ride-sharing services, those are also available and can be a cost-effective option.
Are there any train or bus services that connect to Lakewood, Colorado?
No, there are no direct train or bus services that connect to Lakewood, Colorado. However, Lakewood is conveniently located just west of Denver, which has a well-connected transportation system. Visitors can easily access Lakewood by taking the light rail from downtown Denver. Additionally, Denver has a robust bus network that connects various neighborhoods and suburbs, including Lakewood. Travelers can use the Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses to reach Lakewood from different parts of the city.
Can I rent a car at the airport and drive to Lakewood, Colorado?
Yes, you can rent a car at the airport and drive to Lakewood, Colorado. There are several car rental companies available at most airports in the United States, including Colorado. After arriving at the airport, you can easily find rental car counters where you can choose from a variety of vehicles based on your preferences and budget.
Lakewood is located just west of Denver and is approximately a 30-minute drive from Denver International Airport (DEN). Once you have your rental car, you can follow the signs for Interstate 70 West, which will take you directly to Lakewood.
Driving from the airport to Lakewood is relatively straightforward, as you’ll mainly be traveling on major highways. However, it’s always a good idea to have a GPS or map handy to ensure you stay on the correct route. Additionally, be aware of traffic conditions, especially during peak hours.
Once you reach Lakewood, there are several attractions and activities to explore. Some popular places include Bear Creek Lake Park, William F. Hayden Green Mountain Park, and the Lakewood Cultural Center. You can also visit nearby attractions such as Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, which is known for its stunning natural rock formations and live music performances.
Remember to familiarize yourself with the local traffic rules and regulations, and always drive safely and responsibly. Enjoy your trip to Lakewood, Colorado!
In conclusion, Lakewood, Colorado is a hidden gem nestled in the heart of the United States. With its picturesque landscapes, vibrant culture, and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures, this city should be at the top of every traveler’s bucket list. So, pack your bags, strap on your hiking boots, and get ready to explore all that Lakewood has to offer. Whether you choose to fly into Denver International Airport, take a scenic road trip, or hop on a train, Lakewood is easily accessible from all corners of the country. Don’t miss out on the chance to discover this captivating destination and create lifelong memories. Start planning your trip to Lakewood, Colorado today!