Welcome to my United States travel blog! In this article, we’ll explore the vibrant city of Auburn, Washington and uncover the best ways to get there or travel around. Located just outside of Seattle, Auburn is known for its stunning natural landscapes, rich history, and diverse cultural scene. Whether you’re looking to experience the thrill of outdoor adventures, delve into the city’s fascinating past, or immerse yourself in its lively community, Auburn has something for everyone. So, buckle up and let’s dive into the wonders of Auburn!
How to Get to Auburn – Washington
Getting to Auburn, Washington is quite convenient as it is well-connected by various modes of transportation.
By Air: The nearest major airport to Auburn is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), located about 15 miles north of the city. From the airport, you can hire a taxi, use a ride-sharing service, or rent a car to reach Auburn.
By Car: If you prefer to drive, Auburn is easily accessible via Interstate 5 or State Route 167. The city lies approximately 30 miles south of downtown Seattle, making it a convenient option for those visiting the greater Seattle area.
By Train: Amtrak operates regular train services to Auburn, with stops at the Auburn Station. This is a great option for travelers who want to enjoy scenic views and avoid traffic congestion.
By Bus: Several bus companies, including Greyhound and Sound Transit, offer bus services to Auburn. The city has a well-connected bus network that allows for easy travel within Auburn as well as to nearby cities.
By Public Transportation: Sound Transit also operates commuter rail services, known as Sounder, which connects Auburn with other parts of the Puget Sound region. This is an efficient and eco-friendly option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding areas.
Public Transportation in Auburn
Auburn has a reliable public transportation system, making it easy to get around the city and explore its attractions.
Auburn Transit Center: The Auburn Transit Center serves as a hub for various bus routes connecting different parts of the city. It provides convenient access to shopping centers, parks, and other popular destinations within Auburn.
Sound Transit: Sound Transit operates Sounder commuter rail services, which connect Auburn with Seattle, Tacoma, and other cities in the Puget Sound region. This is an excellent option for travelers looking to explore beyond Auburn.
Bike Share: Auburn has a bike-sharing program called LimeBike, allowing visitors to rent bikes for short-term use. This is a fun and eco-friendly way to explore the city and its scenic surroundings.
Getting Around Auburn by Car
Having a car can provide flexibility and convenience when exploring Auburn and its surrounding areas.
Rental Cars: Numerous car rental companies operate in Auburn and the nearby airports, providing a variety of options for travelers to choose from. Renting a car allows you to easily navigate the city at your own pace.
Taxi and Ride-Sharing Services: Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are readily available in Auburn. This is a convenient option for short trips or when you prefer not to drive.
Exploring Auburn’s Attractions
Auburn offers a range of attractions that cater to different interests and preferences.
Muckleshoot Casino: For those seeking entertainment and gaming, the Muckleshoot Casino is a popular destination. It features a wide array of slot machines, table games, live entertainment, and dining options.
White River Amphitheatre: Music enthusiasts can catch their favorite artists performing at the White River Amphitheatre, an outdoor concert venue known for its picturesque views and great acoustics.
Outdoor Recreation: Auburn is surrounded by natural beauty, offering ample opportunities for outdoor activities. The nearby Green River Gorge and Flaming Geyser State Park are perfect for hiking, camping, and picnicking.
Dining and Shopping in Auburn
Auburn boasts a diverse culinary scene and vibrant shopping options.
Downtown Auburn: The downtown area is home to several restaurants, cafes, and specialty shops, offering a variety of cuisines and unique products. It’s a great place to explore local flavors and artisanal goods.
SuperMall: Located in nearby Auburn, SuperMall is the largest outlet mall in the Pacific Northwest. It features over 200 stores, including popular brands and designer boutiques, making it a haven for shopping enthusiasts.
Farmers’ Markets: Auburn hosts farmers’ markets during the summer months, where visitors can find fresh produce, locally made crafts, and delicious food. It’s a great opportunity to support local businesses and experience the community spirit.
In summary, Auburn offers various transportation options, including air travel, car rentals, trains, buses, and public transportation. Visitors can easily explore the city and its attractions using these convenient modes of transportation. Additionally, Auburn provides diverse dining, shopping, and outdoor recreational opportunities, making it an exciting destination for travelers.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the closest airports to Auburn, Washington?
The closest airports to Auburn, Washington are Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) and King County International Airport – Boeing Field (BFI). Both airports are located within a reasonable driving distance from Auburn. SEA is the larger and more well-connected airport, offering numerous domestic and international flights. BFI is a smaller airport primarily used for general aviation and private charters. Travelers visiting Auburn can easily access these airports for their travel needs.
Is there a train station in Auburn, Washington?
Yes, there is a **train station** in **Auburn, Washington**. The station serves Amtrak’s Cascades and Coast Starlight routes, providing convenient transportation options for travelers visiting or departing from Auburn.
How far is Auburn from Seattle, and what are the transportation options?
Auburn is located approximately 30 miles south of Seattle. There are several transportation options available to travel between the two cities.
1. Car: The most convenient way to travel from Seattle to Auburn is by car. You can take Interstate 5 South and then switch to State Route 18 East, which will lead you directly to Auburn. The drive usually takes around 40 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
2. Public Transportation: Another option is to use public transportation. Sound Transit operates a commuter train service called Sounder Train that connects downtown Seattle to Auburn. The train runs on weekdays during peak hours, and the journey takes approximately 30 minutes. Additionally, King County Metro Transit offers several bus routes that connect Seattle to Auburn.
3. Uber or Lyft: Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available in the area. You can book a ride from Seattle to Auburn through their mobile apps, and the travel time will depend on traffic conditions.
4. Shuttle Service: Some companies provide shuttle services between Seattle and Auburn. These services often operate at scheduled times and can be more affordable than other options.
Overall, there are various transportation options available to travel from Seattle to Auburn, allowing visitors to choose the option that best suits their needs and preferences.
What is the best way to get around Auburn, Washington without a car?
When it comes to getting around Auburn, Washington without a car, there are several options available. Here are the best ways:
1. Public Transportation: The city of Auburn has a reliable public transportation system operated by King County Metro. The buses connect various neighborhoods within Auburn and also provide connections to nearby cities like Seattle and Tacoma. You can check the bus schedules and routes on the King County Metro website.
2. Walking: Auburn is a pedestrian-friendly city with sidewalks and crosswalks. If you prefer to explore the city at a leisurely pace, walking can be a great option, especially for shorter distances.
3. Bicycling: Auburn has an extensive network of bike lanes and trails, making it convenient for cyclists to get around. You can rent bicycles from local bike shops or consider using bike-sharing services if available.
4. Taxis and Rideshares: Taxis and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are available in Auburn. You can easily hail a ride using their respective mobile apps.
5. Shuttle Services: Some hotels and attractions in Auburn offer shuttle services for their guests. If you are staying at a hotel, it’s worth checking if they provide any shuttle services for transportation within the city.
6. Car Rentals: If you only need a car for a specific period or certain occasions, you can consider renting a car from one of the car rental agencies in Auburn.
7. Local Tours: Another option to explore Auburn and its surroundings is by joining local tours organized by tour operators. These tours often include transportation and guide services, giving you a hassle-free experience.
Remember to plan your journey in advance, check schedules, and research the most suitable transportation options for your needs.
Are there any bus services that connect Auburn to other cities in Washington state?
Yes, there are bus services that connect Auburn to other cities in Washington state. One option is the Sound Transit, which operates buses that connect Auburn to various cities in the Puget Sound region, including Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, and Everett. Another option is Greyhound, which provides intercity bus services connecting Auburn to cities across Washington state and beyond.
In conclusion, Auburn – Washington is a hidden gem nestled in the heart of the United States. Its convenient location makes it easily accessible for travelers from all over the world. Whether you choose to fly into nearby Seattle-Tacoma International Airport or embark on a scenic road trip, Auburn welcomes you with open arms.
Once you arrive, you’ll be treated to a plethora of exciting attractions, breathtaking natural beauty, and a vibrant local culture that is sure to leave a lasting impression. From exploring the stunning Mount Rainier National Park to experiencing the thrill of horse racing at Emerald Downs, Auburn offers something for every type of traveler.
Don’t forget to immerse yourself in the city’s rich history by visiting the White River Valley Museum and the historic Neely Mansion. And if you’re a fan of outdoor adventures, the Green River Gorge is a must-visit destination.
With its diverse dining options, charming shops, and welcoming community, Auburn will undoubtedly make your travel experience unforgettable. So pack your bags and embark on an adventure to this enchanting city – you won’t be disappointed!