Welcome to my travel blog, where I take you on an exciting journey through the United States and its territories. In this article, we will explore the beautiful city of Aurora, Colorado, and discover how to get there and make the most of your trip. From vibrant cultural attractions to stunning natural landscapes, Aurora has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in the City of Lights.
Best airports to fly into when traveling to Aurora – Colorado
When traveling to Aurora, Colorado, there are a few airports you can consider for your arrival. The closest major airport is Denver International Airport (DEN), which is located about 18 miles northeast of Aurora. This airport offers numerous domestic and international connections, making it a convenient choice for travelers. Another option is Colorado Springs Airport (COS), located about 80 miles south of Aurora, which may be suitable depending on your travel plans and airline availability.
Ground transportation options from the airport to Aurora
Upon arriving at the airport, there are various transportation options available to reach Aurora. One of the most popular choices is renting a car from the on-site rental car agencies, which allows for flexibility and convenience during your stay. Alternatively, you can also use public transportation services such as buses or trains to get to Aurora. Additionally, taxi services and ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft are readily available at the airports for a more direct and hassle-free transportation option.
Exploring Aurora through public transportation
If you prefer not to rent a car during your stay in Aurora, the city offers an efficient public transportation system. The Regional Transportation District (RTD) operates bus services that connect various areas within Aurora as well as neighboring cities. The light rail system is also available, providing additional transportation options for travelers. Both options allow you to easily access popular attractions, shopping areas, and dining establishments throughout Aurora.
Recommended places to visit in Aurora
Aurora offers a range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. One standout destination is the Aurora Reservoir, where you can engage in various water sports and recreational activities such as fishing, paddleboarding, and boating. The Stanley Marketplace is another must-visit spot, featuring a vibrant mix of restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues. Additionally, nature enthusiasts can explore the beautiful trails and wildlife at Cherry Creek State Park, while history buffs may enjoy a visit to the Aurora History Museum.
Accommodation options in Aurora
When it comes to finding accommodation in Aurora, travelers have plenty of choices. From budget-friendly hotels to upscale resorts, there is something to suit every preference and budget. Many hotels are conveniently located near popular attractions and offer amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and on-site dining options. Whether you prefer to stay close to the airport or in the heart of the city, Aurora provides a variety of options for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
How do I get to Aurora, Colorado from Denver International Airport?
Getting to Aurora, Colorado from Denver International Airport:
There are a few transportation options available to travel from Denver International Airport (DEN) to Aurora, Colorado. Here are the most convenient methods:
1. Ride-Sharing Services (Uber/Lyft):
You can use ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft to get from the airport to Aurora. Simply open the app, request a ride, and follow the directions to your destination in Aurora. This is a flexible and convenient option, especially if you have luggage.
2. Taxi Service:
Denver International Airport has a designated taxi stand where you can find licensed taxis waiting. You can simply approach one of the available taxis and provide them with the address of your destination in Aurora. Taxis are a reliable option if you prefer a direct and hassle-free transfer.
3. Public Transportation:
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) operates public buses that connect Denver International Airport to various locations, including Aurora. The RTD SkyRide bus service offers several routes, such as the A Line and R Line, which provide transportation to different parts of Aurora. You can find the SkyRide bus stops at the airport’s transit center. Make sure to check the RTD website or use their mobile app for schedules and fares.
4. Rental Car:
If you prefer the freedom and convenience of having your own transportation, you can rent a car from one of the rental car companies at Denver International Airport. The car rental facilities are located on the airport’s property, and you can find a wide range of car rental options to suit your needs. Once you have your rental car, follow the signs for I-70 East to get onto the highway towards Aurora.
To get to Aurora, Colorado from Denver International Airport, you can use ride-sharing services like Uber/Lyft, take a taxi, use public transportation (RTD SkyRide buses), or rent a car. Choose the option that suits your preferences and budget. Safe travels!
Are there any direct flights to Aurora, Colorado?
Yes, there are direct flights to Aurora, Colorado. The city is served by Denver International Airport (DEN), which is located about 15 miles northeast of Aurora. Denver International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights. Travelers can find direct flights to Aurora from various major cities across the country, such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, and Dallas. When planning your trip to Aurora, consider checking the flight options to Denver International Airport for convenient access to the city.
What are the transportation options for traveling within Aurora, Colorado?
Aurora, Colorado offers several transportation options for travelers looking to explore the city and its surrounding areas. Here are some of the options:
1. Public Transportation: The Regional Transportation District (RTD) operates bus and light rail services in Aurora. Buses are a convenient way to get around the city, while light rail lines connect Aurora to downtown Denver and other major destinations.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are available in Aurora, providing a convenient and flexible means of transportation. Simply download their apps and request a ride whenever needed.
3. Taxis: Traditional taxis are also available in Aurora. You can find taxi stands at major transportation hubs, hotels, and popular tourist destinations. Alternatively, you can hail a taxi on the street or call a local taxi company to arrange a pickup.
4. Rental Cars: Renting a car is a great option if you prefer the independence and flexibility of having your own vehicle. There are many car rental companies operating in Aurora, offering a variety of vehicles to suit your needs.
5. Biking: Aurora has an extensive network of bike lanes and trails, making biking a popular transportation option within the city. You can rent bikes from various bike rental shops or use bike-sharing services, such as Lime or Jump.
6. Walking: Depending on your location and the distance between attractions, walking can be a pleasant and convenient way to explore Aurora. The city has well-maintained sidewalks and pedestrian-friendly areas.
7. Shuttle Services: Some hotels and resorts in Aurora offer complimentary shuttle services to and from nearby airports, as well as popular attractions within the city. Check with your accommodation for availability.
Overall, Aurora provides a range of transportation options, allowing travelers to choose the most convenient and suitable mode of transportation for their needs.
Can you recommend any scenic routes for driving to Aurora, Colorado?
One of the most scenic routes to drive to Aurora, Colorado is the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway. This route starts in Estes Park and takes you through the heart of the Rocky Mountains, offering breathtaking views of towering peaks, pristine alpine lakes, and dense forests. Along the way, you can stop at popular attractions like the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre and the charming mountain town of Nederland.
Another great option is the Trail Ridge Road, which is the highest paved road in the United States. This iconic route begins in Estes Park and winds its way through Rocky Mountain National Park, granting you unparalleled vistas of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Keep an eye out for wildlife sightings, as the park is home to diverse flora and fauna.
If you prefer a more leisurely drive with scenic beauty, consider taking the Colorado River Headwaters Scenic Byway. This route follows the Colorado River through picturesque landscapes, including canyons, rolling hills, and expansive ranchlands. You’ll also pass by charming small towns like Kremmling, where you can stop for a relaxing break.
No matter which route you choose, be sure to plan your trip accordingly and check for any road closures or weather conditions. Enjoy your journey to Aurora, Colorado, and make the most of the stunning scenery along the way!
What are the major attractions and landmarks to visit in Aurora, Colorado?
Aurora, Colorado offers a range of attractions and landmarks that are worth exploring. Here are some major ones:
1. The Aurora Reservoir: This picturesque reservoir offers various recreational activities such as fishing, swimming, paddleboarding, and boating. Visitors can also enjoy hiking and biking trails around the reservoir.
2. Stanley Marketplace: Housed in a former aviation manufacturing building, Stanley Marketplace is an innovative urban market featuring a diverse range of local shops, restaurants, and artisanal goods. It’s a great place to immerse yourself in Aurora’s vibrant community.
3. Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge: Located just outside of Aurora, this refuge is home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, deer, coyotes, and hundreds of bird species. Visitors can explore the extensive trail system or join guided tours to learn more about the local ecosystem.
4. The Plains Conservation Center: This unique outdoor education facility showcases the natural and cultural heritage of the Colorado prairie. Visitors can experience interactive exhibits, participate in hands-on activities, and explore the historic sod village.
5. Anschutz Medical Campus: As one of the largest medical campuses in the country, Anschutz Medical Campus is home to renowned medical facilities, research centers, and educational institutions. Visitors interested in healthcare and scientific advancements can take guided tours to learn more about the campus’s contributions.
6. The Aurora History Museum: This museum offers insight into the history and development of Aurora. With exhibits on local art, culture, and historic events, it provides a comprehensive understanding of the city’s heritage.
7. Buckley Air Force Base: Located in Aurora, Buckley Air Force Base offers the opportunity to witness military operations up close. Visitors can tour the base and learn about its role in defending the nation’s airspace.
These attractions and landmarks showcase the diversity of experiences available in Aurora, Colorado. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, cultural immersion, or educational insights, Aurora has something to offer every traveler.
In conclusion, Aurora, Colorado is a vibrant and dynamic destination that offers a plethora of attractions and activities for travelers to explore. Whether you choose to fly into the Denver International Airport or opt for a scenic road trip, getting to Aurora is relatively easy and convenient. Once you arrive, prepare to be captivated by its stunning natural beauty, diverse cultural scene, and abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities. From exploring the picturesque Cherry Creek State Park to discovering the rich history at the Aurora History Museum, there is something for everyone in this welcoming city. So pack your bags, plan your itinerary, and embark on an unforgettable journey to Aurora – the gateway to all the wonders that Colorado has to offer!