Welcome to my United States travel blog! In this article, we will explore the vibrant city of Beaverton, Oregon, and uncover the best ways to get there and explore its captivating surroundings. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast looking to hike through magnificent landscapes or a foodie eager to indulge in local culinary delights, Beaverton has something for everyone. From convenient transportation options to hidden gems waiting to be discovered, join me on this exciting journey as we delve into all that Beaverton has to offer.
Driving to Beaverton, Oregon
Driving is a convenient option for reaching Beaverton, Oregon. The city is well-connected by major highways and offers easy access to neighboring cities. If you prefer the flexibility of traveling in your own vehicle, driving to Beaverton allows you to explore the area at your own pace.
If you are coming from Portland: Take US-26 W toward Beaverton. This scenic drive takes around 20 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. Keep in mind that rush hours can be busy, so plan your trip accordingly.
Flying to Beaverton, Oregon
If you are traveling from a distant location or prefer air travel, flying to Beaverton might be the best option. The closest international airport is Portland International Airport (PDX), approximately a 30-minute drive from Beaverton. PDX welcomes numerous domestic and international flights, making it easily accessible from various parts of the United States and beyond.
Once you arrive at PDX: You can rent a car and drive to Beaverton using the directions mentioned earlier. Alternatively, public transportation options like taxis, shuttles, or rideshare services are available at the airport for a more convenient journey.
Taking Public Transportation to Beaverton, Oregon
Public transportation is an efficient and eco-friendly way to travel to Beaverton. The city has a well-developed public transportation system, including buses and light rail services.
From downtown Portland: Take the MAX Light Rail Blue Line towards Hillsboro and get off at the Beaverton Central Transit Center. The journey takes approximately 25 minutes and provides a hassle-free way to reach Beaverton without worrying about traffic or parking.
Cycling to Beaverton, Oregon
For the adventurous and fitness enthusiasts, cycling to Beaverton can be an enjoyable experience. The city promotes biking and offers various bike lanes and paths for safer cycling.
From Portland: You can follow the Waterfront Bike Path along the Willamette River to connect with the Fanno Creek Trail, which leads directly to Beaverton. This scenic route provides beautiful views and is ideal for those who appreciate nature while traveling.
Train Travel to Beaverton, Oregon
Although Beaverton doesn’t have its own train station, you can still reach the city by train via nearby Amtrak stations. The closest Amtrak station is located in Portland, providing connections to various destinations across the United States.
From Portland Union Station: Take the MAX Light Rail Green or Orange Line towards Clackamas Town Center or Milwaukie respectively. Transfer to the Blue Line at Pioneer Square and continue towards Hillsboro until you reach the Beaverton Central Transit Center.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the transportation options for traveling to Beaverton, Oregon?
Beaverton, Oregon offers several transportation options for travelers. If you are flying in, the closest airport is Portland International Airport (PDX), which is approximately 25 minutes away from Beaverton by car. From the airport, you can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or book a shuttle to reach your destination in Beaverton.
If you prefer public transportation, there are MAX Light Rail services available from the airport to Beaverton. The MAX Blue Line runs directly between PDX and Beaverton Transit Center, making it a convenient option for travelers.
Once you are in Beaverton, there are several ways to get around the city. The TriMet bus system provides extensive coverage throughout the area, including Beaverton and its surrounding neighborhoods. It is an affordable and reliable option for exploring the city.
If you prefer more flexibility, renting a car is a popular choice. There are several car rental companies available at the airport, and driving in Beaverton is relatively easy with well-maintained roads and ample parking options.
Additionally, Beaverton is a bicycle-friendly city with a network of bike lanes and trails. You can rent bicycles from various shops or use the Biketown bike-sharing program to explore the city on two wheels.
Overall, Beaverton offers a range of transportation options including flights, airport shuttles, light rail, buses, rental cars, and bicycles, ensuring that travelers can easily navigate the area and enjoy their visit.
How do I get from Portland International Airport to Beaverton?
To get from Portland International Airport to Beaverton, you have a few transportation options.
1. MAX Light Rail: The most convenient and cost-effective option is to take the MAX light rail. The Red Line connects the airport to downtown Portland, where you can transfer to the Blue Line or the Green Line to reach Beaverton. The journey takes around 45 minutes and costs $2.50 for a one-way ticket.
2. Airport Shuttles: Another option is to take an airport shuttle service. There are several companies that offer shared or private shuttle rides to Beaverton. You can book these in advance or find them at the ground transportation area of the airport. Prices vary depending on the company and type of service.
3. Taxis and Rideshares: Taxis and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. You can easily request a ride using their respective apps. However, keep in mind that this option might be more expensive compared to the previous ones.
4. Rental Cars: If you prefer the freedom of having your own vehicle, you can rent a car at the airport. Several car rental companies have counters inside the terminal, and you can make a reservation in advance or directly upon arrival. Be aware that parking in Beaverton may have its own regulations and fees.
No matter which option you choose, it’s advisable to check for any service disruptions or schedule changes beforehand. Safe travels!
Are there any direct flights to Beaverton or nearby airports?
Are there any direct flights to Beaverton or nearby airports?
Yes, there are direct flights available to Beaverton and nearby airports. The nearest major airport to Beaverton is Portland International Airport (PDX), which is approximately 20 miles away. PDX offers numerous direct flights from various cities across the United States. Some airlines that operate direct flights to PDX include Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and Alaska Airlines.
Alternatively, if you prefer a smaller airport, Hillsboro Airport (HIO) is located closer to Beaverton, approximately 5 miles away. However, please note that HIO primarily serves general aviation and private aircraft, so the number of direct flights might be limited.
Overall, travelers have several options for flying directly to Beaverton or nearby airports depending on their preferences and the availability of flights from their departure locations.
What is the best way to travel to Beaverton by train or bus?
The best way to travel to Beaverton by public transportation is by train or bus.
To get to Beaverton by train, you can take an Amtrak Cascades train from various cities in Oregon or Washington. The nearest train station to Beaverton is the “Beaverton Transit Center,” which is served by the Amtrak Cascades train route. From there, you can take local buses or taxis to reach your final destination in Beaverton.
If you prefer traveling by bus, you can consider taking a Greyhound bus or a regional bus service like the Oregon Point by Point Express or the TriMet bus. These bus services connect several cities and towns in the region, including Beaverton. The Beaverton Transit Center is also a major hub for bus services, allowing you to easily access different parts of the city.
Both the train and bus options offer convenient and affordable ways to travel to Beaverton, allowing you to enjoy the scenic views and relax during your journey.
Are there any scenic routes or road trip options for traveling to Beaverton?
Yes, there are several scenic routes and road trip options for traveling to Beaverton!
1. Oregon Coast Highway (Route 101): This iconic coastal highway offers breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, rugged cliffs, and charming seaside towns. Starting from Astoria, you can drive south on Route 101, passing through Tillamook and Lincoln City before reaching Beaverton. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore famous attractions like Cannon Beach and Heceta Head Lighthouse along the way.
2. Columbia River Highway (Route 30): Journey east from Portland on Route 30 and follow the majestic Columbia River Gorge. This scenic highway takes you past stunning waterfalls, such as Multnomah Falls and Horsetail Falls, and offers panoramic vistas of the river and surrounding mountains. Once you reach the Bonneville Dam, you can continue on Route 84 towards Beaverton.
3. Willamette Valley Wine Country: For wine enthusiasts, a road trip through the Willamette Valley is a must. Just west of Beaverton, this picturesque region is renowned for its world-class wineries and vineyards. Take Route 99W south from Portland and explore the charming towns of Newberg, Dundee, and McMinnville, where you can indulge in wine tastings and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
4. Mount Hood Scenic Byway: If you’re up for a mountainous adventure, head east from Beaverton along Highway 26 towards Mount Hood. This scenic byway showcases the stunning beauty of the Cascade Range, with opportunities for hiking, skiing, and enjoying alpine lakes. Along the way, don’t forget to stop at Timberline Lodge, a historic mountain resort with exceptional views of the volcano.
Whether you prefer coastal drives, river panoramas, wine country, or mountain scenery, there are several exciting road trip options for traveling to Beaverton. Don’t forget to plan your itinerary accordingly and enjoy the beauty of Oregon along the way!
In conclusion, Beaverton, Oregon is a captivating destination that offers a wealth of opportunities for travelers seeking an enriching experience. Whether you’re arriving by air, road, or rail, this vibrant city is easily accessible from major transportation hubs. With its picturesque landscapes, charming neighborhoods, and a plethora of recreational activities, Beaverton truly has something for everyone. So pack your bags, hit the road, and prepare to be mesmerized by the beauty and charm of Beaverton. From exploring the stunning natural attractions to immersing yourself in the local culture, every moment spent in Beaverton will leave you with unforgettable memories. So don’t wait any longer – start planning your trip to Beaverton today and embark on a remarkable adventure in the heart of Oregon’s breathtaking landscapes.