Welcome to my blog, Traveling in the United States and its Territories! In this article, we will explore the beautiful city of Lakewood, located in Colorado. Known for its stunning natural landscapes and vibrant cultural scene, Lakewood is a must-visit destination for any avid traveler. Whether you’re looking to hike in the picturesque Rocky Mountain National Park or immerse yourself in the local art scene, Lakewood has something for everyone. Join me as we discover the best ways to get to or travel around this captivating city.
Flying to Lakewood, Colorado
Lakewood does not have its own airport, but there are several nearby options:
– Denver International Airport (DEN): Located about 30 miles east of Lakewood, DEN is the closest major airport. From there, you can rent a car, take a shuttle, or use public transportation to reach Lakewood.
– Colorado Springs Airport (COS): Situated approximately 70 miles south of Lakewood, COS is another option for travelers. However, keep in mind that it may require additional transportation to reach Lakewood.
Driving to Lakewood, Colorado
If you prefer driving, Lakewood is easily accessible via major highways:
– From Denver: Lakewood is located just west of Denver and can be reached via US-6 or I-70 West.
– From Colorado Springs: Take I-25 North to merge onto US-285 North, which will lead you to Lakewood.
Taking Public Transportation to Lakewood, Colorado
Lakewood has convenient public transportation options:
– Light Rail: The W Line of the Denver RTD Light Rail system serves several stations in Lakewood, providing easy access to downtown Denver and other areas.
– Bus: The RTD bus system also operates in Lakewood, offering various routes within the city and connecting to neighboring areas.
Exploring Lakewood by Bike or on Foot
Lakewood offers biking and walking trails for outdoor enthusiasts:
– Bear Creek Greenbelt: This scenic trail stretches through Lakewood, offering opportunities for walking, jogging, and biking.
– Crown Hill Park: Located in Lakewood, this park features nature trails that can be explored on foot or bike.
Renting a Car in Lakewood, Colorado
If you prefer the flexibility of having your own transportation, renting a car is a convenient option:
– Several car rental companies have locations in Lakewood, making it easy to pick up and drop off your vehicle.
– Having a car will allow you to explore not only Lakewood but also other nearby attractions such as Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre or the Rocky Mountains.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the transportation options for traveling to Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado offers several transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the ways to get to Lakewood:
1. By Air: The nearest major airport to Lakewood is Denver International Airport (DEN), located approximately 30 miles northeast of the city. From the airport, you can rent a car, take a taxi, or use a rideshare service to reach Lakewood.
2. By Car: If you’re traveling from within the United States, driving to Lakewood is an option. The city is easily accessible via several major highways, including Interstate 70 and Interstate 25. Just enter the city’s address into your GPS, and you’ll be on your way.
3. By Bus: Another option is to travel to Lakewood by bus. Greyhound operates bus services to/from Lakewood, connecting it to other cities within the United States. Check their website for schedules and fares.
4. By Train: While there is no direct train service to Lakewood, you can consider taking a train to Denver Union Station, which is approximately 8 miles east of Lakewood. From there, you can take a taxi, use a rideshare service, or catch a local bus to reach your destination.
5. Local Transportation: Once in Lakewood, you can utilize the city’s local transportation options. These include public buses operated by Regional Transportation District (RTD), which provide convenient connectivity within Lakewood and to neighboring areas.
Remember to plan your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth journey to Lakewood, Colorado.
How do I get to Lakewood by air?
Lakewood is a popular destination in the United States, located in [insert state]. If you are looking to travel to Lakewood by air, the closest major airport is [insert airport name].
To reach Lakewood by air, you can book a flight to [insert airport code] and then make your way to Lakewood from there. Once you arrive at the airport, you have a few options for reaching Lakewood:
1. Car Rental: Renting a car is a convenient option as it allows you to have flexibility and independence during your trip. Many car rental companies have counters at the airport, and you can easily book a car in advance or upon arrival.
2. Taxi or Rideshare: Another option is to take a taxi or rideshare service from the airport to Lakewood. This can be a more convenient option if you don’t want to drive or prefer not to rent a car.
3. Shuttle Service: Some airports offer shuttle services that can take you directly to popular destinations in the area, including Lakewood. Check with the airport or do some research beforehand to see if this option is available.
It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and check for any transportation options or special requirements specific to the destination you are traveling to. This will ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey to Lakewood.
Are there any direct train routes to Lakewood, Colorado?
No, there are no direct train routes to Lakewood, Colorado. However, you can reach Lakewood by taking a train to Denver Union Station and then transfer to a bus or taxi to reach your destination in Lakewood. The Denver Union Station is well-connected with several major cities in the United States and offers a convenient transportation option for travelers visiting Lakewood.
What are the best driving routes to reach Lakewood?
Lakewood is a popular destination in the United States known for its beautiful scenery and outdoor activities. When it comes to reaching Lakewood by car, there are several scenic driving routes that you can consider, depending on your starting point and preferences. Here are a few options:
1. From Denver: If you are starting from Denver, one of the best driving routes to reach Lakewood is via US-6 West. This route will take you through scenic mountain passes and provide stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
2. From Colorado Springs: If you are coming from Colorado Springs, you can take the I-25 North to Denver and then follow the US-6 West as mentioned above. Alternatively, you can also take the US-24 West, which offers picturesque mountain views along the way.
3. From Boulder: If you are starting from Boulder, you can take the CO-93 South to Golden and then continue on US-6 West to reach Lakewood. This route offers scenic views of the foothills and the iconic Red Rocks Park.
4. From Grand Junction: If you are traveling from Grand Junction, you can take I-70 East towards Denver and then exit onto US-6 East towards Lakewood. This route will take you through beautiful canyons and stunning rock formations.
No matter which route you choose, make sure to plan your trip accordingly and take breaks when needed. It’s also worth checking for any road closures or weather conditions before embarking on your journey. Safe travels!
Are there any public transportation options available within Lakewood once I arrive?
Once you arrive in Lakewood, you’ll have several public transportation options at your disposal.
The city operates a bus service called the Lakewood Shuttle, which provides transportation within the city limits. The shuttle runs on weekdays from early morning until late evening, and on weekends from mid-morning until early evening. It’s a convenient and affordable way to get around Lakewood and explore its various attractions.
If you plan to travel beyond Lakewood, you can take advantage of the regional public transportation system. Pierce Transit operates bus routes throughout Pierce County, including connections to neighboring cities like Tacoma and Seattle. They have an extensive network of routes and schedules, making it easy to navigate the area without a car.
Additionally, Lakewood is served by Sounder commuter rail, which connects the city to downtown Tacoma and downtown Seattle. The Sounder provides a comfortable and efficient option for commuting or exploring these larger urban areas.
In summary, once you arrive in Lakewood, you can utilize the Lakewood Shuttle for local transportation and rely on Pierce Transit buses or the Sounder commuter rail for regional travel.
In conclusion, Lakewood, Colorado is a hidden gem that should not be overlooked when planning your next travel adventure in the United States. Whether you choose to fly into the Denver International Airport and take a short drive or opt for a scenic road trip through the beautiful landscapes of the Rockies, reaching this vibrant city is easier than ever.
Once you arrive, you’ll be greeted by a plethora of attractions and activities that cater to all types of travelers. From exploring the stunning Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre to indulging in the local cuisine and craft beer scene, there’s something for everyone in Lakewood.
Additionally, the city offers a wide range of accommodation options, from cozy bed and breakfasts to upscale hotels, ensuring a comfortable stay throughout your visit.
In summary, traveling to Lakewood, Colorado is a must-do for any United States travel enthusiast. With its convenient location, diverse attractions, and welcoming atmosphere, this destination promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you yearning to return again and again. Start planning your journey to Lakewood today and discover the wonders that await in this charming Colorado city.