Welcome to my United States travel blog! In this article, we will explore the beautiful city of Lakewood in Washington state. Located just a short distance from Tacoma and Seattle, Lakewood offers a perfect blend of nature and urban charm. From its stunning parks and lakes to its vibrant local culture, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So, if you’re wondering how to get to or travel to Lakewood, join me as I uncover the best tips and tricks for an unforgettable journey. Let’s embark on an adventure to Lakewood!
Getting to Lakewood – Washington
Lakewood, Washington is a charming city located in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Here are some tips on how to get to this beautiful destination:
If you’re coming from afar, the most convenient way to reach Lakewood is by flying into Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). From there, you can rent a car or take a taxi to reach your final destination in Lakewood. The airport is well-connected and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Lakewood is easily accessible by car as it is situated along Interstate 5, which runs from Canada to Mexico. If you’re traveling from within the United States, you can simply hop on the highway and follow the signs to Lakewood. The city has plenty of parking options available for visitors.
An alternative way to reach Lakewood is by taking an Amtrak train. Lakewood has its own train station served by the Amtrak Cascades line, which connects cities along the West Coast. This is a scenic and comfortable option for those who prefer not to drive.
Once you have arrived in Lakewood, getting around the city is easy with the local public transportation system. Lakewood has a network of buses that operate throughout the city, allowing you to explore the various attractions and neighborhoods without the need for a car. The Pierce Transit service is reliable and convenient for both locals and tourists.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the nearest airports to Lakewood, Washington?
The nearest airports to Lakewood, Washington are:
1. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) – Located approximately 30 miles northeast of Lakewood, SEA is the main airport serving the region. It offers numerous domestic and international flights.
2. Olympia Regional Airport (OLM) – Located approximately 13 miles southwest of Lakewood, OLM is a smaller airport that primarily serves general aviation and private aircraft.
3. Portland International Airport (PDX) – Located approximately 150 miles south of Lakewood, PDX is a major airport in Oregon that offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
4. Bellingham International Airport (BLI) – Located approximately 110 miles north of Lakewood, BLI serves as an alternative option for travelers looking for flights to smaller regional destinations.
These airports provide convenient options for travelers flying to or from Lakewood, Washington.
Are there any direct flights to Lakewood, Washington?
Yes, there are direct flights to Lakewood, Washington. The nearest major airport to Lakewood is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), also known as Sea-Tac Airport. It is located approximately 30 miles north of Lakewood. Many major airlines offer direct flights to Sea-Tac Airport from various cities in the United States and internationally. Once you arrive at Sea-Tac, you can easily reach Lakewood by renting a car, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
What are the transportation options from Seattle to Lakewood?
Seattle offers several transportation options to the neighboring city of Lakewood.
1. Car Rental: Renting a car is a convenient option for travelers who prefer to have their own transportation. Several car rental companies operate in Seattle, and the journey from Seattle to Lakewood is approximately 40 miles via I-5 S.
2. Public Transportation: The most common public transportation option is the Sound Transit service. There are multiple Sounder commuter rail stations in Seattle that connect to Lakewood. The Sounder South Line takes approximately 50 minutes from Seattle’s King Street Station to Lakewood Station.
3. Bus: Another option is taking a bus from Seattle to Lakewood. Pierce Transit operates several bus routes between the two cities, including Route 2 and Route 590. The journey time can vary depending on traffic conditions.
4. Ride-Sharing: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are readily available in Seattle. Travelers can use these apps to book a ride directly from Seattle to Lakewood.
5. Taxi: Traditional taxi services are also available in Seattle. Taxis can be hailed on the street or booked through a taxi company for the trip to Lakewood.
6. Shuttle Service: Some shuttle companies provide transportation services between Seattle and Lakewood. These shuttles typically operate on a pre-scheduled basis, so it is advisable to check the schedules and make reservations in advance.
Note: It is always recommended to check the latest transportation options and schedules before planning your trip, as they may be subject to change.
What is the best way to travel from Tacoma to Lakewood?
The best way to travel from Tacoma to Lakewood is by car or public transportation.
If you prefer to drive, the most direct route is to take Interstate 5 South from Tacoma to Exit 124 for Bridgeport Way SW in Lakewood. This route usually takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you don’t have access to a car or prefer not to drive, you can take public transportation. Pierce Transit operates several bus routes between Tacoma and Lakewood, including Route 212 and Route 300. You can find the exact schedules and routes on the Pierce Transit website.
Another option is to use a ridesharing service like Uber or Lyft for a more convenient and comfortable journey. Simply download the app on your smartphone, enter your destination as Lakewood, and a driver will pick you up from your location in Tacoma.
Overall, both driving and using public transportation are viable options for traveling from Tacoma to Lakewood. Consider factors such as convenience, cost, and personal preference when choosing the best method of transportation for your trip.
Are there any public transportation options within Lakewood itself?
In Lakewood, there are several public transportation options available for getting around the city.
The most convenient mode of public transportation in Lakewood is the bus system operated by the Regional Transportation District (RTD). The RTD buses serve various routes within the city, making it easy to travel to different neighborhoods and attractions. Bus stops are located throughout Lakewood, and you can find detailed route maps and schedules on the RTD website.
Additionally, Lakewood is well-connected to the larger Denver metro area through the light rail system. There are three light rail stations located within Lakewood: Lamar Station, Oak Station, and Garrison Station. From these stations, you can easily access downtown Denver, the Denver Tech Center, and other popular destinations in the area.
For those who prefer biking as a means of transportation, Lakewood offers a number of bike lanes and trails that make it easy to get around on two wheels. The city has an extensive network of bike paths and dedicated lanes, making cycling a convenient option for exploring Lakewood.
If you are visiting Lakewood, it’s worth noting that renting a car is also a popular choice for getting around the city and exploring the surrounding areas at your own pace. However, if you prefer relying on public transportation, the bus and light rail systems are reliable and convenient options for navigating Lakewood.
In conclusion, Lakewood, Washington is a hidden gem waiting to be explored! With its breathtaking natural beauty and charming small-town atmosphere, it’s the perfect destination for those seeking an authentic American experience. Whether you choose to fly into nearby Tacoma International Airport or take a scenic road trip through the Pacific Northwest, getting to Lakewood is a breeze. Once you arrive, you’ll be greeted by friendly locals, delicious cuisine, and a plethora of outdoor activities to indulge in. Don’t forget to visit the stunning American Lake and explore the fascinating history of Fort Steilacoom Park. So pack your bags, grab your camera, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in Lakewood, Washington!