Welcome to my blog, Traveling in the United States and its territories! In this article, we will explore the vibrant city of Lakewood in Colorado and uncover the best festivals and local events this charming city has to offer. From colorful parades to live music performances, and mouth-watering food festivals, Lakewood knows how to celebrate! Join me as we immerse ourselves in the lively atmosphere of this thriving community and discover the hidden gems that make Lakewood a must-visit destination.
Lakewood SummerFest: A Celebration of Community and Culture
Lakewood SummerFest is an annual event that brings together the vibrant community of Lakewood, Colorado. This festival showcases the rich cultural diversity of the city through live music performances, art exhibitions, and delicious food vendors. Visitors can immerse themselves in various cultural experiences, from traditional dance performances to interactive workshops. The highlight of Lakewood SummerFest is its vibrant atmosphere that fosters a sense of unity and appreciation for the local community.
Cider Days: A Taste of the Autumn Harvest
Cider Days is an autumn festival that celebrates the bountiful apple harvest in Lakewood. This event offers visitors the opportunity to sample various apple-based goodies, including fresh cider, apple pies, and caramel apples. Families can enjoy activities such as hayrides, pumpkin carving contests, and live music performances. Cider Days is a delightful way to experience the flavors and traditions of the fall season in Lakewood.
Bonfils-Stanton Foundation Amphitheater Concerts: Music Under the Stars
Located in Lakewood’s picturesque bear creek Lake Park, the Bonfils-Stanton Foundation Amphitheater hosts a series of summer concerts. These outdoor performances feature local bands, renowned artists, and a wide range of musical genres. Visitors can bring blankets and picnic baskets while enjoying live music against the backdrop of a stunning natural setting. The Bonfils-Stanton Foundation Amphitheater Concerts provide a memorable evening of entertainment and relaxation for music lovers in Lakewood.
Bear Creek Lake Park Summer Festival: Fun in the Sun
Bear Creek Lake Park Summer Festival is a family-friendly event that takes place in the scenic Bear Creek Lake Park. This festival offers a plethora of outdoor activities, including paddleboarding, canoeing, fishing, and hiking. Visitors can also participate in organized games, enjoy food vendors, and listen to live music performances. The Bear Creek Lake Park Summer Festival is the perfect opportunity for families and outdoor enthusiasts to embrace the natural beauty of Lakewood.
Lakewood Lights: A Festive Winter Wonderland
Lakewood Lights is a winter holiday event that transforms the city into a magical winter wonderland. This festival features enchanting light displays, holiday-themed arts and crafts markets, and festive live performances. Visitors can enjoy ice skating, visit Santa’s workshop, and savor delicious seasonal treats. Lakewood Lights spreads holiday cheer and creates cherished memories for locals and visitors alike.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the top festivals or local events held in Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado is a vibrant city that hosts several exciting festivals and local events throughout the year. Here are some of the top events you shouldn’t miss when visiting:
1. Cider Days: This annual festival celebrates the apple harvest season in early October. Visitors can enjoy live music, participate in apple pressing demonstrations, sample various cider flavors, and indulge in delicious food from local vendors.
2. Colorado Irish Festival: Held in Clement Park during July, this festival showcases Irish culture and heritage. Attendees can experience traditional Irish music and dancing performances, enjoy authentic Irish cuisine, browse through arts and crafts vendors, and participate in fun Celtic games.
3. Denver Greek Festival: Although technically located in neighboring Denver, this popular event is worth mentioning for its close proximity to Lakewood. Held in June, the festival offers a true taste of Greece with live music, traditional dances, Greek cuisine, cultural exhibits, and a marketplace filled with Greek products.
4. Belmar Block Parties: These neighborhood block parties occur monthly during the summer season. Located in the heart of Lakewood, Belmar’s vibrant shopping district transforms into a lively celebration featuring live music, food trucks, local artisans, and family-friendly activities.
5. Big Boom Bash: As part of Lakewood’s Fourth of July celebration, Big Boom Bash is an impressive fireworks show held at Jeffco Stadium. Families gather to enjoy live music, food vendors, kids’ activities, and a spectacular fireworks display set against the stunning Rocky Mountain backdrop.
These events showcase the diverse culture and community spirit of Lakewood, making it an exciting destination for visitors seeking a memorable festival experience.
How can I find information about upcoming festivals or local events in Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado Local Events and Festivals
If you’re looking for information about upcoming festivals or local events in Lakewood, Colorado, there are several sources you can check out:
1. Visit Lakewood’s Official Website: The official website for the city of Lakewood often features a calendar of events that includes festivals, concerts, art exhibits, and more. Visit their website at www.lakewood.org and look for the “Events” or “Calendar” section.
2. Local Newspapers: Check out the local newspapers such as the Lakewood Sentinel or the Lakewood News. They often feature event listings, including upcoming festivals and community gatherings.
3. Social Media: Follow Lakewood’s official social media accounts, as well as local event organizers or community pages. They often post updates about upcoming festivals and events. Look for Facebook groups, Twitter accounts, or Instagram pages related to Lakewood events.
4. Event Listing Websites: Websites like Eventbrite, Meetup, or Colorado.com have event calendars where you can search for specific events or filter by location. Simply enter “Lakewood, Colorado” as the location and browse through the event listings.
5. Local Tourism Centers: Visit the Lakewood Visitor Center or nearby tourist information centers. They can provide you with brochures, pamphlets, or event schedules that include upcoming festivals or local events.
Remember to check these sources regularly, as event listings may change or new festivals may be added throughout the year. Enjoy exploring Lakewood, Colorado, and its vibrant local events scene!
Are there any specific music festivals or cultural events that are popular in Lakewood, Colorado?
Yes, there are several music festivals and cultural events that are popular in Lakewood, Colorado. One of the most popular music festivals in the area is the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, held annually in nearby Lyons. This three-day event features a diverse lineup of folk, Americana, and indie musicians. Another notable festival is the Westword Music Showcase, which takes place in Denver but attracts music lovers from all over the region. This one-day event showcases a variety of genres, including rock, hip-hop, and electronic music.
In addition to music festivals, Lakewood also hosts cultural events throughout the year. For example, the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival is a popular summertime event that celebrates Asian culture and traditions. Attendees can enjoy dragon boat races on Sloan’s Lake, live performances, traditional food, and a marketplace selling arts and crafts. Another cultural event is the Lakewood Cider Days, which celebrates the harvest season and offers activities such as apple pressing, live music, and a farmer’s market.
Overall, Lakewood, Colorado has a vibrant music and cultural scene, offering a variety of festivals and events to cater to different interests and tastes.
Can you recommend any family-friendly festivals or local events in Lakewood, Colorado?
Sure! Lakewood, Colorado offers several family-friendly festivals and local events throughout the year. Here are a few recommendations:
1. Summerset Festival: Held annually in September, this festival features live music, food vendors, carnival rides, arts and crafts, and a variety of activities for kids. It’s a great event for families to enjoy together.
2. Cider Days: Taking place in October, Cider Days celebrates the harvest season with apple pressing demonstrations, cider tastings, live entertainment, and a Kids’ Zone with interactive activities. Your kids will love learning about the apple cider making process and enjoying the festive atmosphere.
3. Sounds Exciting Summer Concert Series: This free concert series runs from June to August and features live music performances in Lakewood’s parks. Bring your blankets and picnic baskets, and enjoy an evening of family-friendly entertainment under the stars. It’s a perfect way to spend a summer evening with your loved ones.
4. Bear Creek Lake Park Events: Bear Creek Lake Park hosts various events throughout the year, including nature hikes, outdoor movie nights, and educational programs for kids. Check their website for the latest schedule of events that cater to families.
5. Lakewood Farmers Market: Held weekly during the summer months, this farmers market offers fresh produce, locally made products, live music, and activities for children. It’s a great opportunity to support local businesses and introduce your family to fresh and healthy foods.
Remember to check the official websites or social media pages of these events for specific dates, times, and any additional details. Enjoy exploring Lakewood, Colorado with your family!
Are there any annual events or festivals that visitors should not miss when visiting Lakewood, Colorado?
Lakewood, Colorado hosts several annual events and festivals that visitors should not miss. Here are a few highlights:
1. Cider Days: Held in early October, Cider Days celebrates the apple harvest season. Visitors can enjoy live music, craft vendors, apple cider tasting, and learn about the cider-making process.
2. Colorado Chile Fest: Taking place in September, this festival is dedicated to all things spicy. Visitors can sample a variety of chili peppers, indulge in spicy foods, watch cooking demonstrations, and enjoy live entertainment.
3. Lakewood on Parade: Held in July, this event is a lively parade featuring colorful floats, marching bands, and community organizations. It’s a great way to experience the vibrant spirit of Lakewood.
4. Summerfest: This annual arts and crafts festival takes place in June. Visitors can browse through a wide selection of unique handmade items, enjoy live music performances, and savor delicious food from local vendors.
5. Lakewood Cultural Center Concert Series: Throughout the year, the Lakewood Cultural Center offers a diverse lineup of musical performances, including jazz, classical, and world music. Visitors can catch talented artists in an intimate setting.
These events offer a glimpse into the vibrant culture and community of Lakewood, making them must-visit experiences for travelers exploring the area.
In conclusion, Lakewood, Colorado is a hidden gem for festival enthusiasts and cultural enthusiasts alike. With its vibrant community and diverse range of events, there is always something happening that will capture your interest and leave you with unforgettable memories. From the Belmar Block Party to the Big Boom Bash, these festivals offer a glimpse into the rich heritage and lively spirit of this charming city. So, if you are planning a trip to the United States, make sure to include Lakewood on your itinerary and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of this captivating destination.