Welcome to my blog, “Traveling in the United States and its territories”! In today’s article, we will be exploring the vibrant city of Spokane Valley in Washington and discovering the best festivals and local events it has to offer. From Spokane Valley Heritage Festival, where you can immerse yourself in the rich culture and history, to the Spokane County Interstate Fair, where you can indulge in delicious food and thrilling rides, there is something for everyone in this lively city. Join me as we uncover the hidden gems of Spokane Valley!
The Best Festivals or Local Events in Spokane Valley – Washington
The Lilac Festival is a prominent event in Spokane Valley, Washington. It celebrates the blooming of the lilac shrubs that are abundant in the region. The festival features a variety of activities, including a parade, live music performances, food vendors, and arts and crafts booths. The highlight of the festival is the Lilac Parade, which showcases colorful floats, marching bands, and local community groups.
Spokane County Interstate Fair
The Spokane County Interstate Fair is an annual event that attracts thousands of visitors to Spokane Valley. The fair offers a wide range of attractions, such as carnival rides, live entertainment, exhibits showcasing local agriculture, livestock shows, and various food vendors. Visitors can indulge in classic fair foods like corn dogs, funnel cakes, and cotton candy while enjoying thrilling rides and engaging in fun-filled activities.
Valleyfest is a community festival held in Mirabeau Point Park in Spokane Valley. The event includes live music performances, art displays, a car show, a parade, and a variety of family-friendly activities. Visitors can participate in athletic events like a Fun Run/Walk or watch exciting competitions like the BMX stunt show. Valleyfest provides a great opportunity to experience the vibrant community spirit of Spokane Valley.
The Gathering at the Falls Powwow
The Gathering at the Falls Powwow is a cultural celebration of Native American traditions and heritage. Held annually at Riverfront Park in Spokane Valley, this event brings together tribes from across the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Visitors can witness traditional Native American dance performances, enjoy authentic cuisine, shop for handmade crafts, and learn about the history and culture of the indigenous peoples.
Spokane Valley Summer Theatre
The Spokane Valley Summer Theatre is an outdoor theater experience that showcases high-quality productions during the summer months. Situated in the beautiful Mirabeau Meadows Park, visitors can enjoy performances of popular musicals and plays under the open sky. From Broadway classics to contemporary shows, the theater offers a diverse range of entertainment options for theater enthusiasts.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the most popular festivals in Spokane Valley, Washington?
The most popular festivals in Spokane Valley, Washington are:
1. Valleyfest: This is an annual community celebration held every September. It features live music, food vendors, arts and crafts booths, a parade, fireworks, and various family-friendly activities.
2. Lilac Festival: Known as the “Lilac City,” Spokane Valley holds the Lilac Festival every May. This festival celebrates the blooming of lilacs with a parade, food vendors, live entertainment, and a fair.
3. Spokane County Interstate Fair: Located in Spokane Valley, this fair takes place in September and showcases agricultural exhibits, carnival rides, live entertainment, food booths, and various competitions.
4. Apple Festival: Held in October, the Apple Festival celebrates the apple harvest season. Visitors can enjoy apple-themed food, games, live music, and cider tasting. There are also activities for kids, including a petting zoo and pony rides.
5. Winter Glow Spectacular: This festival takes place during the holiday season and features beautiful light displays, live music, ice skating, and visits from Santa Claus. It’s a magical event that brings the community together to celebrate the festive season.
These festivals attract locals and tourists alike, offering a great opportunity to experience the vibrant culture and community spirit of Spokane Valley, Washington.
Are there any annual events or local celebrations worth attending in Spokane Valley?
Yes, Spokane Valley hosts several annual events and local celebrations that are worth attending. One of the highlights is the Valleyfest, which takes place every September. This three-day community festival features live music, food vendors, arts and crafts booths, a parade, and a fireworks display. It is a great opportunity to experience the local culture and enjoy family-friendly activities.
Additionally, the Spokane Valley Heritage Museum organizes the Valley Cruise Car Show, an annual event that showcases classic cars and hot rods. This car show attracts automobile enthusiasts from all over the region and includes live music, food trucks, and a raffle. It is a must-visit event for car lovers.
Another event worth attending is the Spokane Valley Farmers Market, held every summer. Here, you can find a wide variety of locally grown produce, handcrafted goods, and delicious food. The market also hosts live music performances and special events like cooking demonstrations and workshops.
If you’re visiting during the holiday season, make sure to check out the Spokane Valley Winterfest. This event features a Christmas tree lighting ceremony, holiday-themed activities, and an outdoor ice skating rink. It’s a magical experience that brings the community together to celebrate the festive spirit.
So, whether you’re interested in community festivals, classic cars, fresh produce, or holiday festivities, Spokane Valley offers a range of annual events and local celebrations to enhance your travel experience.
Can you recommend any family-friendly festivals or events in Spokane Valley?
SPOKANE VALLEY FAMILY-FRIENDLY FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
Spokane Valley is a wonderful destination for families, offering a range of fun and engaging festivals and events throughout the year. Here are some recommendations:
1. Spokane Valleyfest: Held annually in September at Mirabeau Point Park, this family-friendly festival features live music, a parade, food vendors, and a wide variety of activities for kids of all ages. Highlights include carnival rides, arts and crafts, and a car show.
2. Valley Fourth of July: Celebrate Independence Day at Plantes Ferry Sports Stadium with live music, food trucks, a spectacular fireworks display, and plenty of games and activities for children. This event offers a great opportunity for families to enjoy a day of fun and entertainment together.
3. Spokane County Interstate Fair: Taking place in September at Spokane County Fairgrounds, this annual fair offers a wide range of attractions and activities for families. From thrilling rides and games to livestock exhibits and live entertainment, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
4. Fall Festival and Corn Maze: Every fall, Green Bluff farms near Spokane Valley host a Fall Festival and Corn Maze. Families can explore the corn maze, go on hayrides, pick pumpkins, participate in farm-themed activities, and enjoy delicious seasonal treats.
5. Spokane Valley Farmers Market: Open from May to October, the Spokane Valley Farmers Market is a great place for families to shop for fresh produce, artisan crafts, and enjoy live music and entertainment. Children can participate in interactive activities and enjoy tasty treats.
These are just a few of the family-friendly festivals and events that Spokane Valley has to offer. Make sure to check local event listings and websites for updated information and additional activities during your visit.
Are there any music or art festivals that take place in Spokane Valley?
Yes, there are several music and art festivals that take place in Spokane Valley. One of the popular festivals is the Spokane Valley Summer Concert Series, which features a variety of live music performances throughout the summer months. Another notable festival is ArtFest, which is held annually in Spokane Valley. This festival showcases a wide range of artwork including paintings, sculptures, jewelry, and more. It also includes live music, food vendors, and interactive activities for visitors to enjoy. Additionally, the Spokane Valley Heritage Museum hosts an annual art festival, which celebrates local artists and their work. These festivals provide a great opportunity to experience the vibrant arts and music scene in Spokane Valley while enjoying the outdoor summer atmosphere.
Are there any unique cultural events or festivities specific to Spokane Valley, Washington?
Spokane Valley, Washington offers several unique cultural events and festivities throughout the year. One notable event is the Spokane Valleyfest, which takes place every September. This community celebration includes live music, food vendors, arts and crafts booths, a car show, and various family-friendly activities.
Another popular event is the Spokane Valley Farmers Market, which runs from May to October. Here, visitors can explore a wide range of local produce, flowers, handmade crafts, and delicious snacks. The market also features live entertainment and educational demonstrations.
Additionally, the Spokane Valley Heritage Museum hosts various events and exhibits that showcase the history and heritage of the area. Visitors can learn about the region’s Native American cultures, early settlers, and industrial development through engaging displays and interactive programs.
During the holiday season, the Spokane Valley Winterfest brings festive cheer to the community. This event typically includes a tree lighting ceremony, ice skating, holiday-themed performances, and an appearance by Santa Claus himself.
These events provide a wonderful opportunity for locals and visitors alike to immerse themselves in the unique culture and vibrant community of Spokane Valley, Washington.
In conclusion, Spokane Valley, Washington is truly a hidden gem when it comes to festivals and local events. Whether you’re a foodie, a music lover, or an outdoor enthusiast, this vibrant community has something for everyone. From the Spokane Valley Farmers Market to the Valleyfest celebration, there’s no shortage of opportunities to immerse yourself in the local culture and experience the warm hospitality of the locals. So, mark your calendars and start planning your trip to Spokane Valley, where unforgettable memories are waiting to be made amidst the lively festivities. Don’t miss out on the chance to discover this charming destination and all it has to offer!