Welcome to my blog, Traveling in the United States and its Territories! In this article, we will explore the vibrant nightlife scene in Denver, Colorado. From trendy cocktail bars to pulsating nightclubs, Denver offers an array of options for those seeking a memorable night out. Whether you’re looking to dance the night away or indulge in craft cocktails, Denver has something for everyone. Join me as we uncover the best places to experience the electrifying nightlife that Denver has to offer.
LoDo (Lower Downtown)
The Lower Downtown area of Denver, commonly known as LoDo, is a vibrant neighborhood that offers a diverse range of nightlife options. From trendy bars and clubs to live music venues, LoDo has something for everyone looking to have a great time after dark.
One popular spot in LoDo is the 16th Street Mall, where you can find a variety of bars and restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for craft cocktails, local beers, or delicious food, you’ll find it all here. Additionally, LoDo is home to several rooftop bars, providing stunning views of the city as you enjoy your evening.
RiNo (River North)
The RiNo neighborhood has quickly become Denver’s go-to destination for art, culture, and nightlife. This creative district is filled with converted warehouses and industrial spaces that now house galleries, breweries, and hip bars.
One standout feature of RiNo is its thriving craft beer scene. You can embark on a beer tour exploring the numerous breweries that call this neighborhood home, offering unique and innovative brews. In addition to beer, RiNo also offers a range of live music venues and dance clubs where you can let loose and enjoy the night.
If you’re looking for a more eclectic and alternative nightlife experience, head to the Capitol Hill neighborhood. Known for its bohemian vibe, this area is filled with dive bars, speakeasies, and live music venues that cater to a more offbeat crowd.
Capitol Hill is especially known for its karaoke bars, where locals and visitors alike belt out their favorite tunes. You can also find laid-back pubs where you can enjoy a casual evening with friends, along with underground clubs that host a variety of music genres.
Broadway Street, located in the Baker neighborhood, is a bustling hub of nightlife activity in Denver. This vibrant street is lined with bars, lounges, and music venues, attracting both locals and tourists looking to have a great time.
One of the highlights of Broadway Street is its live music scene, with venues offering performances by local bands and national acts. You can also find trendy cocktail bars and dance clubs that keep the party going into the early hours of the morning.
South of Colfax Nightlife District
The South of Colfax Nightlife District, commonly referred to as SoCo, is a lively area south of downtown Denver that offers a mix of bars, clubs, and entertainment options.
One unique aspect of the SoCo district is its emphasis on burlesque and cabaret shows. You can catch captivating performances that combine artistry and sensuality in intimate venues. SoCo also boasts speakeasies, sports bars, and comedy clubs, ensuring there is something for everyone’s taste.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are some popular bars and clubs for nightlife in Denver, Colorado?
Denver, Colorado offers a vibrant nightlife scene with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. Here are some popular options:
1. LoDo (Lower Downtown) – LoDo is known for its lively atmosphere and numerous bars and clubs. Some popular spots include the Milk Market, which offers various food and drink options, and the ViewHouse Rooftop Bar, which offers stunning views of the city skyline.
2. RiNo (River North Art District) – RiNo is a trendy neighborhood with a thriving nightlife. Check out The Meadowlark, a cozy bar known for its live music, or Bar Fausto, an intimate cocktail lounge.
3. South Broadway (SoBo) – SoBo is home to many eclectic bars and venues. Mutiny Information Cafe is a unique spot that combines a bookstore, coffee shop, and bar. For live music, visit Hi-Dive or 3 Kings Tavern.
4. Cold Crush – Located in the Five Points neighborhood, this lively nightclub specializes in hip-hop and urban music. It’s a popular spot for both locals and visitors looking to dance the night away.
5. Temple Nightclub – Situated in downtown Denver, this multi-level venue offers a state-of-the-art sound system and hosts world-renowned DJs. It’s known for its immersive experience and high-energy dance floor.
Remember to check for any age restrictions, dress codes, or cover charges before heading out for a night on the town.
Are there any rooftop bars in Denver with a great view for a night out?
Yes, Denver has several rooftop bars that offer amazing views for a night out. Here are a few popular options:
1. 54thirty: Located on the 20th floor of the Le Méridien Denver Downtown, this rooftop bar offers panoramic views of the city skyline and the Rocky Mountains.
2. Linger: Situated in an old mortuary, Linger’s rooftop bar provides stunning views of downtown Denver and the surrounding area.
3. El Five: This Mediterranean-inspired rooftop bar offers breathtaking views of the city skyline, complete with cozy seating and delicious tapas.
4. Avanti F&B: Avanti is a collective eatery with a rooftop deck that boasts beautiful views of downtown Denver and the mountains.
5. The Woods Rooftop: Located in the LoHi neighborhood, this chic rooftop bar offers fantastic views of the city, along with craft cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere.
Please note that availability and hours of operation may vary, so it’s best to check their websites or call ahead to ensure a smooth experience. Enjoy your night out in Denver!
Can you recommend any live music venues in Denver to experience the city’s vibrant music scene?
Denver, Colorado is known for its vibrant music scene, with a variety of venues that cater to different genres and tastes. Here are some recommended live music venues in Denver:
1. Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Located just outside of Denver, Red Rocks is an iconic outdoor venue known for its stunning natural acoustics and breathtaking views. It hosts concerts and events throughout the year, attracting both big-name acts and local talent.
2. The Ogden Theatre: This historic theater in the Capitol Hill neighborhood features a spacious dance floor and balcony seating, offering an intimate and energetic setting for live music performances. It hosts a diverse range of artists across various genres.
3. Bluebird Theater: Another historic venue, the Bluebird Theater is known for its excellent sound quality and intimate atmosphere. It showcases both local and national acts, primarily focusing on indie, rock, and alternative music.
4. Gothic Theatre: Located in Englewood, just south of Denver, the Gothic Theatre is a beautifully restored art deco venue that hosts a variety of concerts and events. It offers an intimate setting for music enthusiasts and often features a mix of genres.
5. Larimer Lounge: This small and cozy venue in the RiNo (River North) Art District is a go-to spot for discovering emerging local acts and indie bands. The intimate space allows for an up-close and personal experience with the artists.
6. Cervantes’ Masterpiece Ballroom: Known for its diverse lineup of live music, Cervantes’ is a hotspot for fans of funk, jam bands, reggae, and hip-hop. It comprises two separate rooms, creating opportunities for multiple shows happening at once.
Remember to check the venue’s website or social media for their upcoming events and ticket information. Denver’s live music scene offers something for everyone, so make sure to explore and support the local talent while visiting the city!
Are there any unique speakeasy-style bars in Denver worth checking out?
In Denver, there are indeed several unique speakeasy-style bars that are worth checking out. One popular option is Williams & Graham, located in the LoHi neighborhood. This hidden gem resembles a bookstore from the outside but opens up to a sophisticated and intimate bar inside. They offer an impressive selection of craft cocktails and a knowledgeable staff to guide you through their diverse menu.
Another notable speakeasy-style bar is B&GC, which stands for Beer & Grandeur Cocktail Lounge. This hidden spot can be found behind a coffee shop called Green Russell in Larimer Square. The intimate space features dim lighting, cozy booths, and a creative cocktail menu that showcases both classic and innovative drinks.
For a more mysterious experience, consider visiting The Cruise Room. Located inside the historic Oxford Hotel, this bar has been serving patrons since the end of Prohibition. Its art deco design and vintage atmosphere make it feel like stepping back in time. The Cruise Room is known for its handcrafted cocktails, including the famous “Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout” martini.
These speakeasy-style bars in Denver offer a unique and immersive experience, combining history, ambiance, and expertly crafted beverages. Don’t forget to make reservations or arrive early, as they tend to get busy due to their popularity among locals and visitors alike.
What are some top-rated restaurants in Denver that also offer a lively nightlife experience?
Denver is known for its vibrant food scene and lively nightlife. Here are some top-rated restaurants in Denver that offer both great dining experiences and a lively nightlife:
1. Linger: Located in a former mortuary, Linger offers globally-inspired small plates with stunning rooftop views of the city. After dinner, head downstairs to the lively lounge area for craft cocktails and live music.
2. Avanti Food & Beverage: This collective eatery features seven different restaurant concepts under one roof. Enjoy a variety of cuisines, craft beers, and cocktails while soaking in the energetic atmosphere. The rooftop patio is a popular spot for drinks and socializing.
3. Work & Class: Known for its inventive Latin-American dishes, Work & Class also offers a vibrant bar scene with creative cocktails and a wide selection of craft beers. The communal seating and lively ambiance make it a great spot to meet new people.
4. The Cruise Room: Located in the historic Oxford Hotel, The Cruise Room is Denver’s oldest bar. Step back in time with its Art Deco decor and enjoy classic cocktails and a lively atmosphere. It’s a perfect spot for pre-dinner drinks or a nightcap.
5. Union Station: This historic train station turned dining destination houses several restaurants and bars. From fine dining at Mercantile Dining & Provision to casual bites at Terminal Bar, there’s something for everyone. The Great Hall also hosts live music and events.
6. The 1UP: For a fun and lively nightlife experience, head to The 1UP. This arcade bar offers a vast selection of classic arcade games, pinball machines, and craft beers. It’s a great place to unwind and let your inner child out.
These restaurants not only offer delicious food but also provide a lively nightlife experience. Whether you’re looking for rooftop views, creative cocktails, or a vibrant atmosphere, Denver has plenty to offer for a memorable dining and nightlife experience.
In conclusion, Denver, Colorado, is a vibrant city that offers an incredible nightlife experience. From trendy craft breweries to lively dance clubs, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back evening with friends or an energetic night on the town, Denver has it all. So, next time you find yourself in the Mile High City, make sure to explore LoDo and RiNo, two of the most happening neighborhoods for nightlife. And don’t forget to try out some of the local brewpubs and cocktail lounges for a taste of Colorado’s unique and innovative libations. Cheers to an unforgettable nightlife experience in Denver!