Explore the beauty of Lakewood’s parks and nature trails
One of the top things to do in Lakewood, Washington is to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the city’s parks and nature trails. Visit Fort Steilacoom Park, which offers picturesque walking trails, sports fields, and even a dog park for furry friends. Another must-visit is Lakewold Gardens, a stunning 10-acre estate featuring manicured gardens, lakes, and historic buildings.
Discover the rich history at Lakewood Historical Society
For history enthusiasts, a visit to the Lakewood Historical Society is a must. Learn about the area’s past through exhibits, artifacts, and engaging displays. The society also offers guided tours and educational programs, providing a comprehensive understanding of Lakewood’s heritage.
Enjoy outdoor activities at American Lake
American Lake is a popular destination for outdoor activities in Lakewood. Whether you want to go swimming, fishing, boating, or simply relax on the shores, this lake offers plenty of options for recreation. You can rent kayaks or paddleboards to explore the calm waters and soak in the beautiful surroundings.
Indulge in local flavors at Lakewood’s breweries and restaurants
Lakewood is home to a vibrant food and drink scene, with an abundance of breweries, wineries, and restaurants to satisfy your taste buds. Visit local breweries like RAM Restaurant & Brewery or Cloverleaf Sports Bar & Grill to sample craft beers made right in Lakewood. For a memorable dining experience, head to the city’s diverse range of restaurants offering cuisines from around the world.
Shop till you drop at Lakewood Towne Center
If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, make sure to visit Lakewood Towne Center. This outdoor shopping center features a variety of stores, including major retailers and local boutiques. From fashion and beauty to home decor and electronics, you’ll find everything you need while enjoying a leisurely stroll through the center.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the must-visit attractions in Lakewood, Washington?
Lakewood, Washington offers a variety of attractions that are worth visiting. Fort Steilacoom Park is a popular destination with beautiful landscapes, walking trails, and sports facilities. It also features a historical museum that showcases the area’s past. Another must-visit attraction is American Lake, a scenic lake where visitors can enjoy fishing, boating, and picnicking. Golf enthusiasts will appreciate the Oakbrook Golf Club, an 18-hole championship golf course known for its challenging layout and stunning views. For those interested in art and history, the Lakewood History Museum is a fascinating place to explore, featuring exhibits highlighting the heritage of the city. Lastly, Chambers Creek Regional Park offers breathtaking views of Puget Sound, along with hiking trails, a sandy beach, and opportunities for kayaking and paddleboarding.
Are there any outdoor activities or parks to explore in Lakewood?
Lakewood, Colorado offers a variety of outdoor activities and parks for visitors to explore. One popular attraction is Bear Creek Lake Park, which features a 2,600-acre natural area with a large reservoir for swimming, boating, and fishing. The park also has several picnic areas, hiking and biking trails, and a campground for overnight stays.
Another great option is William F. Hayden Green Mountain Park, which offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains. Visitors can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding on the park’s extensive trail system.
For those interested in wildlife, Belmar Park is a great choice. This park is home to a variety of bird species and has several ponds for fishing. It also has walking paths, picnic areas, and a playground for children.
Lastly, Lakewood Heritage Center is a unique park that combines history and outdoor recreation. Visitors can explore the museum and historical buildings, as well as enjoy the park’s open spaces, picnic areas, and walking trails.
Overall, Lakewood offers plenty of options for outdoor enthusiasts, making it a great destination for nature lovers.
What are some recommended restaurants or cafes in Lakewood?
If you’re looking for some great dining options in Lakewood, Ohio, here are a few recommended restaurants and cafes to check out:
1. Root Cafe: This cozy cafe offers a variety of delicious breakfast and lunch options, with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. Their menu includes tasty dishes like avocado toast, eggs benedict, and their famous root burger.
2. Sarita A Restaurant: For a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine, head to Sarita A Restaurant. They serve up traditional dishes like tacos, enchiladas, and tamales, all made with fresh ingredients and bold flavors.
3. Deagan’s Kitchen & Bar: Deagan’s is a popular spot for brunch, lunch, and dinner in Lakewood. Their menu features an array of dishes inspired by Irish and American cuisine, including fish and chips, shepherd’s pie, and gourmet burgers.
4. Salt+ Restaurant: If you’re in the mood for seafood, Salt+ Restaurant is a must-visit. They offer an extensive selection of fresh seafood dishes, as well as a variety of craft cocktails to complement your meal.
5. Forage Public House: Forage Public House is known for its farm-to-table approach, serving up seasonal dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Their menu changes frequently, so you can always expect something new and exciting.
These are just a few of the many excellent dining options available in Lakewood. Whether you’re craving comfort food, international cuisine, or something unique and innovative, you’re sure to find it in this vibrant city.
Are there any popular shopping areas or malls in Lakewood?
Yes, Lakewood has a few popular shopping areas and malls. One of the main shopping destinations in Lakewood is the Lakewood Center Mall, located on Lakewood Boulevard. This mall is home to a variety of stores, including major retailers like Macy’s, JCPenney, and Forever 21. It also features a food court and a movie theater.
Another popular shopping area in Lakewood is the Village Center, situated on Candlewood Street. This outdoor shopping center offers a range of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. Visitors can find popular retailers such as Target, Ross Dress for Less, and Ulta Beauty here.
Additionally, the Long Beach Towne Center is located nearby in the city of Long Beach, just a short drive from Lakewood. This open-air shopping center features a wide selection of stores, including Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Barnes & Noble. It also includes various dining options and a movie theater.
Overall, these shopping areas and malls in Lakewood provide visitors with a diverse shopping experience, catering to different tastes and preferences.
Are there any cultural or historical landmarks to visit in Lakewood?
Lakewood, Colorado is a vibrant city with several cultural and historical landmarks that are worth visiting. Here are some notable attractions:
1. Casa Bonita: This iconic Mexican-themed restaurant is a must-see for its unique architectural design and lively atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy live performances, cliff diving shows, and delicious Mexican cuisine.
2. Dinosaur Ridge: A significant paleontological site, Dinosaur Ridge offers visitors a chance to see dinosaur tracks and fossils dating back millions of years. There are guided tours and educational exhibits available.
3. Belmar Park: Located on the former site of the Belmar Center, this park offers a peaceful retreat with beautiful landscaped gardens, walking trails, and a fishing lake. It also hosts various events and festivals throughout the year.
4. Lakewood Cultural Center: This multi-purpose arts and culture facility features art galleries, performance spaces, and a theater. Visitors can enjoy concerts, theater productions, and exhibitions showcasing local talent.
5. Lakewood Heritage Center: This living history museum provides a glimpse into Lakewood’s past. It features several historic buildings, including an 1880s farmhouse, a 20th-century schoolhouse, and a Victorian-era mansion.
6. Bear Creek Lake Park: This expansive park offers outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, and boating. Visitors can also relax on the beach or have a picnic while enjoying the scenic views.
These landmarks showcase the rich cultural and historical heritage of Lakewood, making it a fascinating destination for travelers seeking to delve deeper into the local history and experience unique attractions.
In conclusion, Lakewood, Washington is a hidden gem that offers a plethora of activities for travelers seeking an off-the-beaten-path destination in the United States. Whether you are a nature enthusiast, a history buff, or an adrenaline junkie, this vibrant city has something for everyone. From exploring the breathtaking beauty of American Lake and Fort Steilacoom Park, to immersing yourself in the rich history at Lakewold Gardens and Lakewood History Museum, there is no shortage of things to do and see here. And let’s not forget about the mouthwatering culinary scene, with its diverse range of restaurants and eateries serving up delicious dishes from around the world. Whether you’re visiting for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, Lakewood promises to leave you with unforgettable memories. So pack your bags, grab your camera, and embark on an adventure to discover this hidden gem in Washington State. You won’t be disappointed.