Welcome to my travel blog, where I explore the beautiful landscapes and vibrant cities of the United States and its territories. In this article, we will be diving into the charming city of Tacoma in Washington state and discovering the best places to stay. From luxurious hotels with stunning views to cozy bed and breakfasts nestled in historic neighborhoods, Tacoma has something for every traveler. So pack your bags and join me on this journey as we uncover the hidden gems of Tacoma!
Best neighborhoods to stay in Tacoma
In Tacoma, Washington, there are several neighborhoods that offer unique experiences for travelers. Some of the best neighborhoods to consider staying in include Downtown Tacoma, North End, and Stadium District. Each neighborhood has its own charm and attractions, so it’s important to choose one that aligns with your interests and preferences.
Downtown Tacoma is a vibrant area with a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. It’s a great choice if you enjoy being in the heart of the city and want easy access to museums like the Museum of Glass and the Tacoma Art Museum. Additionally, staying in Downtown Tacoma provides convenient proximity to the waterfront, where you can enjoy scenic views and walk along the Thea Foss Waterway.
The North End is known for its beautiful historic homes and tree-lined streets. This neighborhood is ideal for those who appreciate a quieter and more residential atmosphere. The North End is home to popular destinations like Point Defiance Park, which offers outdoor activities such as hiking, picnicking, and exploring the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
The Stadium District is a lively neighborhood located near the historic Stadium High School. This area is perfect for sports enthusiasts as it is close to Cheney Stadium, which hosts minor league baseball games. The district also offers a variety of dining options, including trendy cafes and local breweries. Visitors can also explore Wright Park, a picturesque urban park known for its stunning greenhouse and botanical gardens.
Choosing the right neighborhood to stay in Tacoma depends on personal preferences and what you hope to experience during your visit. Whether you prefer the bustling city life, a peaceful residential setting, or a combination of both, Tacoma has a neighborhood that will suit your needs.
Luxury accommodations in Tacoma
If you’re looking for a luxurious stay in Tacoma, there are several accommodations that cater to upscale travelers. These establishments offer top-notch amenities and services to enhance your experience in the city.
One of the best luxury accommodations in Tacoma is Hotel Murano. This boutique hotel showcases an extensive collection of glass art throughout its property, paying homage to Tacoma’s historic ties to the glass industry. The hotel features spacious and elegantly designed rooms, a full-service spa, and a stylish rooftop bar.
For those seeking waterfront views, The Silver Cloud Inn – Tacoma Waterfront is an excellent choice. Located along the Thea Foss Waterway, this hotel offers stunning views of the harbor and Mount Rainier. Guests can enjoy well-appointed rooms, a complimentary breakfast, and easy access to attractions such as the Museum of Glass.
The Villa Bed & Breakfast is another luxurious option in Tacoma. This charming historic property provides a unique bed and breakfast experience. The beautifully decorated rooms, gourmet breakfast, and attentive service make for a memorable stay.
Other notable luxury accommodations in Tacoma include the Courtyard by Marriott Tacoma Downtown and The Old Alder House. Both offer upscale amenities and convenient locations near popular attractions and dining options.
Budget-friendly accommodations in Tacoma
Traveling on a budget doesn’t mean compromising on comfort and quality. Tacoma has several budget-friendly accommodations that provide value for money without sacrificing a great experience.
One of the best budget-friendly hotels in Tacoma is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma Downtown. Located near the Tacoma Dome, this hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center. Its convenient location allows easy access to downtown attractions and public transportation.
The Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel is another affordable option. Situated adjacent to the Tacoma Dome, it provides easy access to events and concerts. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, an indoor pool, a fitness center, and complimentary breakfast.
For those who prefer a more unique accommodation experience, the Hotel Olympus is a great choice. This boutique hotel offers cozy and individually decorated rooms with shared bathrooms. It is centrally located in Downtown Tacoma, within walking distance to various attractions.
Other notable budget-friendly accommodations in Tacoma include the Comfort Inn Tacoma – Seattle and the Motel 6 Tacoma South. Both options offer comfortable rooms, convenient amenities, and a wallet-friendly price.
Airbnb options in Tacoma
If you prefer a more homely and personalized stay in Tacoma, renting an Airbnb can be an excellent option. Tacoma has a wide range of Airbnb listings that cater to different preferences and budgets.
Whether you’re looking for an entire house, a private room, or a cozy apartment, there are many options available on Airbnb in Tacoma. You can choose listings based on location, amenities, and price range.
Some popular Airbnb neighborhoods in Tacoma include Stadium District, North End, and Proctor District. These areas offer a mix of historic charm, tree-lined streets, and easy access to local amenities and attractions.
When booking an Airbnb in Tacoma, be sure to read reviews from past guests to get an idea of the host’s reliability and the quality of the accommodation. Additionally, communicate with the host to clarify any questions or special requests you may have before finalizing your booking.
Unique accommodations in Tacoma
If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind experience during your stay in Tacoma, there are several unique accommodations to consider. These options offer a memorable and unconventional way to immerse yourself in the city’s culture and atmosphere.
One standout unique accommodation in Tacoma is the Thornewood Castle. This historic mansion was built in the early 1900s and resembles an authentic medieval castle. Guests can stay in beautifully restored rooms and explore the castle’s exquisite gardens and grounds.
For nature enthusiasts, TreeHouse Point offers a truly magical experience. Located just outside of Tacoma, this eco-friendly retreat features several treehouses nestled in a serene forest setting. Guests can enjoy tranquil surroundings, hiking trails, and the opportunity to reconnect with nature.
Another distinctive option is The Villa at Little Woodland Gardens. This charming bed and breakfast is set within a lush garden, creating a tranquil oasis in the heart of Tacoma. Guests can relax in elegantly decorated rooms and explore the meticulously maintained gardens.
These unique accommodations in Tacoma offer an opportunity to stay somewhere out of the ordinary and create lasting memories during your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions in our travel blog
What are the best hotels to stay in Tacoma, Washington?
If you’re planning a trip to Tacoma, Washington, there are several great hotels to choose from. Here are some of the top options:
1. Hotel Murano: This luxury hotel is known for its stunning art collection featuring work by glass artists from around the world. With spacious rooms, a rooftop bar, and a convenient downtown location, it’s a popular choice for visitors.
2. McMenamins Elks Temple: If you’re looking for a unique and historic place to stay, this hotel is perfect. Housed in a former Elks Lodge, it offers eclectic rooms, multiple bars and restaurants, and even a brewery onsite.
3. Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel: Located near the Tacoma Dome, this hotel is ideal for those attending events or conferences. It offers comfortable rooms, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
4. Hotel Concordia: Situated in the heart of downtown Tacoma, this boutique hotel provides stylish accommodations with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy a rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
5. Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma Waterfront: For those seeking waterfront views, this hotel is a top choice. Located on Commencement Bay, it offers comfortable rooms, friendly service, and easy access to attractions like Point Defiance Park.
These are just a few of the many fantastic hotel options in Tacoma, Washington. Whether you’re looking for luxury, history, convenience, or a scenic waterfront experience, you’re sure to find the perfect place to stay in this vibrant city.
Are there any unique accommodation options in Tacoma, Washington?
Tacoma, Washington offers a variety of unique accommodation options for travelers. One popular choice is the Hotel Murano, which is known for its stunning glass art collection throughout the property. Each room is designed with a different glass art theme, providing a truly immersive experience.
Another unique option is the Thornewood Castle, a historic mansion that has been converted into a bed and breakfast. Guests can stay in elegantly decorated rooms and enjoy the castle’s beautiful gardens and lake views.
For a more unconventional experience, consider staying at the McMenamins Elks Temple. This renovated 1915 building features eclectic decor and offers a one-of-a-kind hotel experience. Guests can enjoy live music, craft cocktails, and explore the building’s many unique spaces.
Lastly, if you’re seeking a nature-focused retreat, check out the TreeHouse Point in nearby Fall City. This eco-lodge offers treehouse accommodations nestled in a lush forest, allowing guests to reconnect with nature in a truly unique way.
These are just a few of the unique accommodation options available in Tacoma, Washington. Whether you’re looking for art-inspired hotels, historic mansions, quirky spaces, or nature retreats, Tacoma has something to offer for every traveler.
Which neighborhoods in Tacoma, Washington offer the best places to stay?
Tacoma, Washington offers many great neighborhoods to stay in. Here are some of the best ones:
1. Downtown Tacoma: This neighborhood is perfect for those who enjoy a vibrant city atmosphere. It offers a wide range of accommodations, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly options. Downtown Tacoma is also home to popular attractions like the Museum of Glass and the Tacoma Art Museum.
2. North End: If you prefer a quieter and more residential area, North End is a great choice. This neighborhood is known for its beautiful historic homes and tree-lined streets. It’s located near the waterfront and offers easy access to Point Defiance Park, which is a must-visit for nature lovers.
3. Proctor District: This charming neighborhood is located in the north-central part of Tacoma and has a small-town feel. It’s known for its eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, and cafes. Proctor District is a great option for those looking for a unique and local experience.
4. Stadium District: As the name suggests, this neighborhood is located near the historic Tacoma Dome stadium. It’s a bustling area with a variety of dining options and entertainment venues. If you’re attending an event at the Tacoma Dome, staying in the Stadium District can be very convenient.
5. 6th Avenue: This neighborhood is known for its vibrant nightlife and array of bars, clubs, and live music venues. It’s a popular choice for younger travelers and those looking for a lively atmosphere. 6th Avenue also offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets.
Overall, Tacoma offers a diverse range of neighborhoods to stay in, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer a bustling city atmosphere or a quiet residential area, there’s a neighborhood in Tacoma that will suit your needs.
What are some budget-friendly hotels in Tacoma, Washington?
If you’re looking for budget-friendly hotels in Tacoma, Washington, there are several options available. Here are a few recommendations:
1. Red Lion Inn & Suites Tacoma: Located near downtown Tacoma, this hotel offers affordable rates and comfortable rooms. It also has amenities like free breakfast and Wi-Fi.
2. Extended Stay America – Tacoma – South: This hotel is ideal for travelers looking for an extended stay on a budget. They offer spacious suites with full kitchenettes and provide amenities like free Wi-Fi and laundry facilities.
3. Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel: Located near the Tacoma Dome, this hotel offers reasonably priced rooms with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy the indoor pool, fitness center, and complimentary breakfast.
4. Days Inn by Wyndham Tacoma – Tacoma Mall: This budget-friendly hotel is conveniently located near Tacoma Mall. It offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
5. Comfort Inn Tacoma – Seattle: Situated between Tacoma and Seattle, this hotel provides affordable rates and comfortable accommodations. Guests can enjoy amenities like free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
These options provide a balance of affordability and comfort for travelers visiting Tacoma, Washington on a budget.
Are there any luxury resorts or boutique hotels in Tacoma, Washington?
Yes, there are a few luxury resorts and boutique hotels in Tacoma, Washington. One notable option is The Villa Bed & Breakfast, which offers a luxurious and intimate experience with beautifully furnished rooms and personalized service. Another popular choice is Hotel Murano, a boutique hotel that showcases stunning glass art throughout its premises. Additionally, The Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma is a well-regarded hotel that offers comfortable accommodations and excellent amenities. These options provide a high-end experience for travelers visiting Tacoma.
In conclusion, Tacoma offers a wide range of accommodations that cater to every traveler’s needs. Whether you’re looking for luxury hotels or budget-friendly options, this city has it all. From the stunning waterfront views to the vibrant downtown area, Tacoma is a destination worth exploring. So why wait? Plan your trip to Tacoma, Washington and experience the beauty and charm of this Pacific Northwest gem for yourself.